on friendship

Posted at 22:33

16 June 2008

I feel like I don't know you anymore
Where have all the old days gone?
Why are you so distant -
Dare I say it - inconsistent

We used to talk
Once I knew your heart
Now there's a darkness
I can't feel what you're feeling

When the world has gone dark
You are gone with it
I can't trust you
Can't rely on you

Will it ever be the same?
Whispers of crushes and emotions
Is this what growing up is like?
Let's pretend we're still twelve

I'm helpless, powerless to touch you
Let go - leave it to God
Just know this, Sister -
I'm praying for you.


Written in a moment of teenage-angsty weakness, so I'm not sure if I mean all this. ;) If I ever become a pop singer, I'm gonna turn this into a song.

5 comments:

me said...

serfy and teen angst? nahh. its not possible. this is a happy song. you just need to look at it from an inverted angle. ;)

Kristen said...

wow. nice poem. it's so lovely because it doesn't end on a depressing note.

Art said...

Serf, I'm impressed. Do I have permission to try setting it to music?

Serfy said...

the ozed one:
inverted angle...or upside down. =]

kay:
thanks!

art:
Sure! have fun :D

Serfy said...

oh and art, when you've set it to music, let me hear it some time and I'll write it down and chord it.