why I haven't posted in a long time

Posted at 18:15

04 September 2007

Everyday I have loads of very interesting posts running through my mind, but by the time I'm free to computer, I've either forgotten them or they're no longer relevant. as in time-sensitive posts that I've delayed too long.

I just reread In His Steps by Charles Sheldon. It's a very good, challenging book. The phrase "What would Jesus do?" is thrown about so easily that no one really thinks what it means anymore. But really, asking oneself "Would Jesus do this?" before each action and thought is basically imitating Jesus, which is what we are told to do in the Bible. I must confess that many times I forget to ask myself this question, or I ask it, answer correctly, and act differently. Perhaps this is due to my fear of moving out of my comfort zone if I truly acted as Jesus would.

That said, would Jesus have a blog? Or rather, should I, trying to do as Jesus would, have a blog? I'm still thinking and praying. Mayhap the question is not so much, should I blog, but what should I blog? Methinks my posts so far have been shallow, if entertaining, but of no consequence. Of course, it doesn't help that I have a readership of about 2, but then again, do I write to please man or God? I write to please myself mainly.

The above is part of what has been going through my head these past few days. For more mixed-up thinking than this, click here. <--this article is almost ridiculous in its contradictions and outrageous claims. I read (past tense) it for school.

Speaking of school, college physics has begun. I won't say much about it yet. I need to observe a couple more times before announcing my opinion of physics, my prof., and other students.

p.s. no Ireland pics yet. too busy this summer. I probably won't blog about Csehy, VBS, wedding, etc. Suffice to say I did all that and moved house.

5 comments:

sehwoo said...

What would Jesus do. A very good question. I wrote that in my "this flash drive belongs to.txt".

And I sit on my Mac because I have not a better chair. And it's my "love" for it that keeps me here while by butt's hurting while sitting on my Mac typing on this though I should be sleeping right now.

Or you can call it an addiction. Yeah. Same thing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, Serfy. Thanks for challenging me too. It's hard to think in terms of God's will over our own, isn't it? But we know that our labor for the Lord is not in vain. (2 Cor 4:5)

sehwoo said...

Yeah.. it is quite long. Did you manage reading all of it? Did it sound very disorganized because.. I was tired that late.. and my contacts were sticking to my eyes making me feel even more tired.. Yeah.

Unfortunately, though I like chocolate, I can't have too many until I'm unable to eat my next two meals (unless the second meal is breakfast.)

sehwoo said...

That's good. And congratulations on.. reading the whole thing.

So the "food for thought".. was it good food or bad?

sehwoo said...

That's good..