dissatisfied

Posted at 18:49

27 October 2007

Note: the below is an unfinished work and therefore is not fully understandable. as stated below, there is no impact, i.e. I have not given a satisfying conclusion to my thesis statement. please read as such.

I have learned, in a tangible way, that my wants will never be fully satisfied.

For the past few weeks, I've been simply aching to eat at Burger King. Yes, aching. Part of it because their fries are so much better than McDonalds' (yes they are. you know they are.) and partly because Stevie has been to BK several times without me.

So on Friday, we went to Burger King.

As soon as I stepped into the - I won't call it a restaurant, because really, it isn't - place, my achingness was diminished somewhat by the Halloween decorations all over the place. I abhor Halloween decorations.

Then, the lady got our order wrong. Man, she had some serious attitude.

Having removed all obstacles, we sat down to enjoy our whoppers and fries. And I discovered that I no longer take pleasure from eating fast food.

I had been longing to go to Burger King for the longest time, and now that I was actually there, I wished to be someplace else.


I sound so melodramatic. but really, the above is true. I just haven't found the punchline/impact.

My writing embarasses me, in a way. Even casual stuff like this. Writing reveals one's soul. vulnerability. that's why personal blogs are dangerous.

okay, this post is getting out of hand. I shall make like a choleric zebra and dash into the horizon. what's that you say? mixed metaphors and catachresis? terribly sorry for the brain damage, I take no responsibility.

2 comments:

sehwoo said...

Your wants will never be satisfied? I don't think that's true.

But BK fries are better.

sehwoo said...

i mean something like.. someone reads site but site has really bad colors, so you squint and your eyelids stay like that forever. or like you get stuck in an endless loop. or like you're so engrossed that you don't notice that the sky is falling and you don't get to run so the falling sky hits your head. yeah