you asked for it

Posted at 18:01

10 February 2007

This has been a grawumpus week, as someone in some book said. Yesterday I asked God for an uneventful day, and guess what he gave me? A weekend full of surprises. And some of them weren't exactly pleasant.

So first my debate partner ditches, I mean, she had to miss debate class. That wasn't too bad. Then after debate, Mommy tells me that the ABS dorms flooded. When we get home we find out that our Girlchoir manager broke her ankle. And today I got a call saying that I have to play piano for Junior Worship tomorrow because the girl who's supposed to do it is stressed out. And I'm not stressed out because I only have to finish my VBS application essay, my Sunday school homework, my CWG essay, half of my Latin, and practice the piece I'm accompanying for choir tomorrow. And because I'm folding random ABS boys' clothes and sorting their soaked possessions.

I know this sounds cliched (yes, I know it's trite), but life is not fair.

BUT. God must have a purpose in doing this. I just can't figure it out yet.

It's funny, but I don't feel very stressed out anymore.

4 comments:

sehwoo said...

yes.. life always ends up like that.

isn't it amazing that life is never unfair to your advantage

Jonathan Chiew said...

Mmmm..sounds like a tough weekend. My week wasn't so great either, but I hope you got all that stuff done.

Sometimes it helps to take a break from all you have to do; at least for me, if I stop looking around at everything and instead look upwards, it helps put things in perspective.

sehwoo said...

wow you're on late.

i wish there isn't any classes tomorrow. not that you care.

me said...

awwww, i feel your pain