true friends

Posted at 12:08

03 July 2010

So my first day as an 18-year-old was...uneventful. I spent a good bit of time replying to Facebook posts. ::grin:: You can judge for yourself whether that was a good use of time. Let's just say that's the last time I'll be doing that.


Another big chunk of time I used to prepare my CW lesson. It's coming along pretty well. I was a little overwhelmed with too many thoughts. I think I have a lot to say, too much, in fact, for half an hour. So I just sat on the deck in the beautiful evening weather after dinner and stared at the sky and talked to God. It was restful and refreshing. :) And now I think it's gelling quite well. Thank you Jesus. My title is "Characteristics Qualities of a True Friend." I tried coming up with something more catchy but they all turned out corny, so I decided to choose substance over style lol. I'm unsure as to whether I should write the whole thing out or just put down points. I have a tendency of saying things the wrong way when I don't have a script...

yeah I'm ready. except for the audience reaction part. I know a lot of those kids, worked with them in choir and other places. And apparently they really like me for some reason. I have a fan club of sorts. It's strange. Another one of those "what did I do to deserve this" things. So I'm afraid of their accepting whatever I say as truth just because it's me saying it. What if I say the wrong thing or mislead them?

side note: I'm not a fan of unaddressed rants because they're so immature and pointless but I need to vent here so yeah. It hurts that you didn't notice at all. not even a fb post? come on. yeah I know the majority of people on fb don't really care anyway but at least they took the time to type it. I guess I don't mean much to you. Whatever used to be between us just died. Thanks for killing it. but you know I guess there was never much. analyzing "true friendship" made me realize we don't have much in common. I'll never understand you and you don't wanna get me so forget it.

2 comments:

Art said...

I... didn't remember it was your birthday. =/

So, happy birthday?

when you do finish your lesson notes, I would love to see them, it sounds interesting.

Serfy said...

Oh, it is most okay, Becky. :) I really don't think it's fair to expect people to always remember your birthday. Like I caveated, that last part was immature and selfish, but sometimes it helps me to just stick it out there when someone in particular irks me. :P but thank you :)

I'm revising and finalizing right now so I'll send them over tonight-ish.