the purpose of my blog

Posted at 21:32

15 March 2007

Before you read any further, let me tell you the purpose of this post. The purpose of this post is to show you how very purposeless my blog is. Having said that, let me proceed.

The other day I was talking (well, emailing) with Artemis about her getting a blog. And she said something about needing to find a purpose for a blog in order to get a blog. That made me think about the purpose of my blog. Which in turn led me to the conclusion that I really shouldn't have a blog, since my blog is purposeless and directionless. I'm not an activist of any kind, I don't write seriously about deep subjects, this web page is certainly not my online journal, and I'm not here to meet new friends (which, by the way, is the dumbest reason ever for having a blog).

So, why do I even bother? Because it's a place for me to post my random thoughts without getting interrupted. I mean, if I was saying this to anyone, in person, he or she would probably zone out or change the subject. Though technically I have no power to force anyone to read this whole thing. But at least it's a place where I can show off my witless humor without seeing people laugh at me. See, even if you're laughing at my words right now, I wouldn't know, and since ignorance is bliss, I should be happy.

I am so annoying myself. I'd better get back to work before I cause more damage.

5 comments:

sehwoo said...

great question.. honestly..

i do know that the purpose of got shrimp? is to confuse/inform/bother people with random ideas, thoughts, quotes, postulates, theorems, facts, and other stuff.

that really was a lot of nothing..

dan shao said...

wow that was random....

Anonymous said...

you know, your blog doesn't have to stay like this- if you wanted, you could write about deep subjects and use your blog to influence others for good. It just depends on what you do with your blog.
By the way, i feel pleasantly surprised at being mentioned.

sehwoo said...

or you're a psychopath.

sehwoo said...

there's preference.. and there's truth.