random thoughts on random things

Posted at 18:26

28 March 2007

Has it ever struck you what a funny word "random" is? If you separate the syllables it becomes "ran" and "dom". I wonder why random means what it means. I wonder why I'm too lazy to look up its etymology.

I wonder many random things, which is why I'm such a random person.

Sometimes I annoy Myself. Then I tell Myself to shut up, which isn't very nice, but Myself doesn't mind much.

My hope is built on nothing less,
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the solid Rock, I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

How true those words are! Oftentimes I feel betrayed, even over the smallest things, by my friends. Maybe betrayed is a bit strong, but even the people I hold dearest let me down sometimes. I'm sure I let others down too, without knowing it.

I like using archaic terms like "wherefore" and "thereupon" and "inasmuch". They look like small words smushed together.

Is it wise to pack a bag of chips in your suitcase? no. especially if you're going to Hong Kong.

Spring break is coming. And I'll be stuck in the house with two specimens of the male species. Namely, my brother and my dad. My mom will be gadding off to Hong Kong. Lucky duck! I'm going to need some serious girl time. Anyone (girls only, please) wanna go shopping? Wait, shopping is stressful. Oh, and did I mention I'm going to have to cook and clean and do laundry?

I like sarcasm, to a certain extent.

Favorite phrases as of this week: "You lucky duck!" "...to a certain extent" "cuckoo!"

ok I'm done. Now you know how random I can be.

7 comments:

sehwoo said...

honestly, those words are very true. what's it from? (i should say "where's")

my "spring break" was like two weeks ago. i didn't have to go to college so that was nice. are you actually going to have spring break?

Anonymous said...

i like randomness
and
don't feel sad, cuz i will email you
and
by the way, you can come to my house as much as you like.
:)

dan shao said...

yeah that was random alright...=P

sehwoo said...

i want "the water buffalo song", "the pirates who don't do anything", "larry's high silk hat" (i think that's what it's called.. something about a high silk hat that belongs to larry..), "his cheeseburger", and i think that's it. but honestly, i any veggie tales song i should probably be happy with.

the last sentence of the previous paragraph sounds weird.

sehwoo said...

you should get gtalk anyway.

sehwoo said...

does it have the theme song?

yeah i probably would want to borrow it..

Anonymous said...

the reason sehwoo's sentence sounds weird is because it's grammatically incorrect. never end a sentence with a preposition!! (eugene: "Prepositions are not words i end sentences with!")